Davis Instruments, a leading manufacturer of electronic weather stations, vehicle monitoring systems and marine accessories, is looking for an experienced Buyer with exceptional Manufacturing experience to help round out our busy Procurement Department.
Davis is a long established and profitable company that values the balance between work and family. Davis offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. We are conveniently located in Hayward with easy access to the East Bay and Peninsula via the San Mateo Bridge.
- Schedules, plans and/or procures assigned commodities in support of production, development engineering, and general operations. Manages the relationship between Davis and suppliers from a financial and business perspective and acts as the primary contact for all communications with suppliers for business and technical issues
- Manages problem resolution with suppliers including financial (invoicing, price discrepancies, etc.), discrepant material, transportation and supplier issues.
- Actively manages MRP including product rollovers and obsolescence
- Uses supplier/industry knowledge as well as inventory system skills to contribute to enhanced factory flexibility with materials supplies
- Broad supply base knowledge in electronics, mechanical components, and services related to manufacturing our broad range of products
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite knowledge, especially Excel
- Broad knowledge of materials, purchasing and manufacturing processes
- MRP skills (expert + mentor in MRP system/processes as related to purchasing)
- Understands business planning processes
- Demonstrated team leadership/project management skills; ability to multi-task with advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to manage assigned commodities with minimal supervision or direction.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, Operations Planning or a related field; additional work experience may be substituted for education.
- 4+ years of related procurement experience including purchasing, inventory control, contract negotiation, supply management, and supplier relationships.
- Knowledge of MRP processes
- Work experience in an electronics manufacturing environment beneficial
- Knowledge of import freight movement
- Knowledge of Asian suppliers
- Experience balancing the benefits of outsourcing of products against the benefits of maintaining domestic production capabilities.
- Bi-lingual in English and Cantonese or Mandarin
This position will report to the Director of Materials and is a full-time position. If you possess these skills and are looking for a challenging opportunity with a growing company please send a cover letter along with your resume stating why you think you are qualified for this position including past experience and salary requirements.
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.