MicroStep-MIS operates worldwide and is specialised in development and manufacturing of monitoring and information systems, processing of acquired data, research and numerical modeling.
The company’s key fields activities cover:
Meteorology and Climatology
- Automatic Weather Stations and Manned Weather Stations – synoptic, climatological stations, agro-meteorological stations, comprehensive solutions for national meteoservices
- Collection systems, processing and archiving data, meteorological communication systems,
- Climatological and operational database System
- Numerical weather forecast, forecasting systems for hazardous phenomena, warnings
- Microclimate cave monitoring system
- Mini Meteorological Radar MMR is a unique portable radar with many features built into this small device
- Calibration and adjustment of the meteorological sensors
MicroStep-MIS also underwent accreditation of Calibration laboratory according to standard ISO / IEC: 17025. Our Calibration Laboratory is competent to carry out calibration of instruments of temperature, humidity, pressure and rain gauges (tipping bucket and weighing) within the accreditation scope.
- Airport Weather Observations Systems for regional, national and international airports (ICAO CAT I, CAT II, CAT III a, b, c).
- Voice messaging systems ATIS, D-ATIS and VOLMET.
- Briefing and Forecasting Workstation, Pilot Briefing
- Fog Prediction and Weather Prediction.
- Information systems for runways status
- Aviation Weather Decision Support
- Aeronautical Climatological Database
MicroStep-MIS covers a wide range of main issues in hydrology from data measurement, preprocessing and storing of data to hydrological modeling, more specifically:
- Data Collection System
- Hydrological Database
- Water Quality Monitoring
- Hydrological Modeling
- Flood Forecasting & Warning, Flood protection systems
- Marine systems obtaining the data from meteorological stations and buoys, displaying data on waves, tides, forecasts and early warnings on various marine activities
- Water quality
- Road Weather Information Systems providing timely information about road conditions and critical observations important for forecasts and winter road maintenance
- Forecast models
- Seismological monitoring systems
- Seismological data collection and processing centers
- Radiation probes, Data collection system, Central database and data presentation system, Radiation Modelling
- Forecasts of nuclear and radiological emergencies.
Crisis and Early Warning
- Data collection, Data management, crisis management system in the event of a radiological, environmental, hydrological, seismological accidents and volcanic activity
- Crisis warning centers, notification and warning systems.
System Integration as well as Turnkey Projects
MicroStep-MIS operates worldwide. Our core customer groups are airports, meteorological and seismological institutes, environmental authorities, industry, and municipalities.
The activities of MicroStep-MIS cover the complete process of software and hardware systems development and system integration. Our highly qualified staff of developers and experienced researchers, dynamic product development, and close cooperation with our customers, guarantee the most progressive and outstanding solutions.
ISO Quality Certifications
MicroStep-MIS has established and applies an Integrated Management System in accordance with the requirements of the latest edition of the International Standards
- Quality Management System (ISO 9001)
- Quality Management System in Projects (ISO 10006)
- Environmental Management System (ISO 14001)
- Information Security (ISO 27001) – Information security policy
The Integrated Management System is certified for the following scope: Design and development, production, installation and service of hardware and software for monitoring and information systems. Advisory and consultancy activities in the field of meteorology, meteorological measurements and observations, weather forecasts and warnings for the public and contractors. Testing and calibration of meteorological sensors.
In 2014, we have obtained Certificate of Competence to Perform Research and Development by Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.